Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
On this guide you will find online resources and research tips for your HHC China paper.
Please ask a librarian if you have any questions or need more help!
The library has many databases that may be helpful for you as you work on this project. Here are four we recommend. If you would like to check out some of our other databases, click on the link at the bottom of this box to see all of the databases.
Tips for Searching the Databases
- Before you search come up with a short list of search terms you might want to use. These can include synonyms and alternate wordings in case your first search terms don't turn up a lot of results.
- Start with more general search terms and then get more specific as you learn more about your topic.
- If you're having trouble finding good sources, think about searching more broadly or narrowly
- Use the Advanced Search option to get better results -- this will allow you combine multiple search ideas at the same time.
- Use words like "and", "or", and "not" to separate search terms. For example, "China" AND "climate change".
- Use "quotation marks" to search for a whole phrase together.
- Use an asterisk (*) to search for related terms. For example, searching for "librar*" could return results about a library, libraries, a librarian, or librarians.
- The databases don't work exactly like Google search does--you may have to try out a few different search terms before you find one that works well.
Links & Citation
Always make sure you get the stable link and citation information for your articles. Look for something that says "Citations", "Citing", or "Cite this article", and then copy and paste the link or citation that they give you. Copying the URL from the URL bar isn't a good idea--it often won't bring you back to the article later.